Monday, February 4, 2013

Tutorial: Soft shimmery eye and neutral pink lips!

Time for another tutorial! I was heading out for an afternoon birthday-gathering and decided to do a tutorial on the look I was wearing.

As always I start with a moisturized and primed face. As my all-over face primer I used the MAC Comestics  Prep+Prime Skin Base and locally (on my cheekbones, forehead and chin) I used the Essence My Base illuminating make-up base. On my eyelids I used my Too Face Shadow Insurance, as always, and on my lips I used a thin layer of Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour cream.


I then applied my foundation and concealer using a damp Beauty Blender sponge. As foundation I used a 50/50 mix of Estee Lauder Double Wear in the colour Shell 15 and Max Factor Facefinity All Day Flawless 3in1 Foundation in the colour Nude 47. I applied oncealer under my eyes, around my nostils and under my eyebrows. For eyes and nostrils I used the Maybelline Super Stay Concealer in the colour Light 2. Under my eyebrows I used MAC Cosmetics Studio Sculpt Concealer in NW15. I always conceal under my eyebrows, it works as a subtle highlight and also helps define the brow.


Next I used my Catrice Eyebrow Stylist in 020 Date with Ashton and ontop of that I used Urban Decays "Buck" eyeshadow (from my Naked Pallette) with a fine angled brush to define the brow and set the pencil. To make sure everything stayed in place all day I used my Hema Eyebrow Gel in Brown. To highlight the brow and set the concealer I used under the brow I used Catrice Absolutely Eye Colour Mono in 090 Bring Me Frosted Cake.


To define my crease I first used the matte light-brown from the Sleek Storm pallette with a soft crease brush (MAC 217 Dupe from Sigma) and blended this lightly over my entire crease area. For soft definiton I used the same brush to apply the darker brown colour from the same pallette in the outer corner and crease.



On the eyelid I used GOSH Effect Powder in Meringue, which is a beautiful shimmering pink colour. I applied this with a flat, firm paddle-brush and patted it onto the lid. If you were to apply a powder like this with a swiping motion, more of it would end up under your eye than on it. Patting it on insures that the pigment and the shimmer stays put.


Again for soft defition I used an angled liner brush with the matte black from the Sleek Storm pallette as an eyeliner and applied along my upper lashline while slightly brushing up. This blends the liner and gives a much softer look than gel or liquid liner. I made a small flick at the end, to optically lift my eyes a little, I always do this with liner, but never a full wing since it doesn't work on my hooded lids. On my waterline I used MAC Chromographic Pencil in NC15/NW20. This again just helps opening up your eyes.


Lash curling and mascara time! I was thankfully blessed with fairly long lashes, they are just very straight so I always, always, always curl them. It just opens your eyes up and looks (in my opinion) a lot better. To make sure the curl stays in I use waterproof mascara.

My lash curler is from Tweezerman and the mascara I used is Catrice Lashes to Kill Waterproof Volume Mascara. It's a great formula and in my book a very good, and much cheaper, dupe for Maybellines One by One.

Time for one of my favourite steps in makeup: blush and bronzer! My bronzer is from the Body Shop, it's the Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder in the shade 02. It's a brilliant bronzer for fair skin, without being TOO orange as long as you use a light hand with it. I apply this under my cheekbones, on my temples, along the hairline and jawline with a Sigma Tapered Face brush. It blends wonderfully into the skin. For blush I used NYX Blush om 03 Angel. It's a shimmery pink, again perfect for fair skin, but probably won't show up much on medium or dark skintones. I applied this to my cheeks with a Duo Fiber Stippling Brush.



For blush I used NYX Blush om 03 Angel. It's a shimmery pink, again perfect for fair skin, but probably won't show up much on medium or dark skintones. I applied this to my cheeks with a Duo Fiber Stippling Brush.



As a highlighter I used the gem of my collection this far, the Dior Shimmer Powder in 001 Rose Diamond. It's a beautiful champagne pink, with subtle shimmer and is again perfect for very fair skin. For slightl darker ladies they have a version called Amber Diamon which is a warm, gold toned highlighter. Also gorgeous!

As a lipliner I used my Catrice Precision Lipliner in 030 Lost in the Rose Wood. I applied this on on the contours of my lips and blended it with my finger for a more natural definition.


As for lipstick I used my MAC Cosmetics Cremesheen Lipstick in Creme Cup. It's a cool-toned rosey pink. Very pretty and very neutral, so also work-appropriate!

I topped everything off with a light dusting of MAC Cosmetics Studio Fix Powder Foundation in the colour NC20.

And here's the final result:


An overall very soft, and I think, pretty look.

Feel free to click the pictures for larger, high defintion photos. I tried something new with making the small collages, but they do need a clickity-click for a proper view of the make-up.

Thank you for reading and untill next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment