Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Tutorial: Urban Decay Naked 3 Evening Look

As promised, I messed around with the Naked 3 a little and made a tutorial. Stay tuned for a sexy, smokey evening look!




I started out with most of my base done. Foundation was Catrice Matt Plus, concealer was Maybelline SuperStay 24h. Brows were Urband Decay Naked and Buck from the first Naked Palette. To get the full Naked 3 experience I didn't apply a primer of my own, but used one from the sampler pack I got with the palette.




I applied the Eden primer all over my eyelid with my ringfinger and as you can tell it has some coverage and also, due to the yellow tint, helps cancel out the purple hues I have on my eyelid. It was my first time working with a base like this, so I didn't apply it fantastically. But now I'm prepared for next time. It creates a very nice, blank canvas on the lid to work on.





I applied Strange on my browbone and in my inner corner with a large shader brush. I then did a light wash of it all over the lid, just to make sure everything else would blend properly.





With a fluffy blending brush, I applied Limit in my crease and blended it upwards. This gives some slight definition and will help darker colours blend in more smoothly later on.





I then applied Nooner on the outer corner of my lid with a tapered crease brush. I also used this colour to further deepen up the crease. Layers of colours help create more dimension to the look.





I got some Burnout on a flat shader brush and applied this all over my lid for a nice base of shimmer. If you're looking for a day/office appropriate look, feel free to stop here, apply liner of your choice, mascara and you're good to go!





With the same brush I applied Buzz to the outder 2/3rds of my eyelid. It's a very subtle difference, but Buzz is a smidge darker and catches the light better. Again, it's all about the layers!





I flipped the very same brush over, to use the clean (-ish) side to apply Factory to the outer 3rd of my eyelid. It had a tiny bit of fallout, but nothing a fan brush didn't fix in a jiffy!





I then used a pencil brush to apply Blackheart in the most outer corner of my lid and blend it into the crease a little. Trick to this colour is really tapping off excess product, I barely had any fallout with it.







With an angled eyeliner brush I then applied Blackheart along my upper lashline and continued to apply Buzz, Factory and Blackheart on my lower lashline. Going from lightest to darkest from the inner corner.




I finished off the eyes with a black L'Oreal Kohl liner and Maybelline The Rocket Waterproof mascara.





On the rest of my face I used NYX Taupe blush to contour (very lightly), a very light handed application of The Body Shop Honey Bronzer (02), Kiko Rock Attraction Blush in 04 Pop Apricot and my Dio Shimmer Powder in Diamond Rose. On the lips I used Essence Long Lasting Lipstick in 07 Natural Beauty.

This is, for me at least, very much a date/evening look. I tend to go more neutral during the day, which is also very well doable with this palette... But I wanted to do something a little different.

I hope you enjoyed this tutorial, if you did feel free to share it with other make-up enthusiasts!

Thank you for reading!

XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment