Friday, September 5, 2014

Review: Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette

Today, I will be sharing with you my thoughts on the Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette. I'm a little late to the party, but I have been lusting after this for months without being able to afford it and out of nowhere a package from BeautyBay arrived. Turns out it was from my mother and she felt like spoiling me. You won't hear me complain, thanks Mom! 





This is the beauty that arrived on my doorstep today. The packaging already is beautiful. It's a rose/beige gold with antique gold lettering. Got to love a flashy palette like this.






The palette itself is the same colours. Unlike the Urban Decay Naked (1) this has the same tin packaging as the Naked 2 palette. It seems sturdier than the first one and certainly more travel friendly. It comes with a double ended brush, that in a pinch could easily be used for a look. I prefer to have several brushes and would definitely prefer to have a blending brush along with this, but I can make this work. It's a flat paddle style brush on one end and a crease type brush in the other. They are synthetic, and as always everything by Urban Decay is cruelty free.






As always with a Naked Palette, it came with an extra. This is a sample selection of their eyeshadow primers, each with different effects. Each sachet contains about a weeks worth of primer.





Let's get down to the important part! The shadows. The palette contains 12 shadows, 3 (and a half!) matte, the rest are shimmery or glittery. Urban Decay have a reputation for making incredible palettes and this one certainly delivers. The palette is overall rosey/mauve toned and goes very well with most complexions, especially paler ladies like myself.

Swatch-a-palooza!


L-R: Strange, Dust, Burnout.



Strange is a creme-white shade, with a touch of pink. It is a very smooth, matte texture.

Dust is light, warm pink with micro-glitter. Has a slightly dry texture and seems fallout prone.

Burnout is a rosey peach colour with a beautiful pearl finish. Very pigmented.


L-R: Limit, Buzz, Trick.
Limit is a dusty rose/mauve colour. Very smooth, matte texture. Very blendable.

Buzz is a warm, coppery rose colour with a metallic finish. Buttery smooth texture on this baby.

Trick is a rosey bronze with a metallic finish. Very pigmented, very smooth.


L-R: Nooner, Liar, Factory.

Nooner is a warm/rose mid-brown colour. Matte and smooth. (And I love the name!)

Liar is a bronze-brown. Metallic and once again smooooooth as a babys bottom!

Factory is a medium-dark brown with red undertones. Shimmery and highly pigmented.


L-R: Mugshot, Darkside, Blackheart.

Mugshot is a warm, metallic taupe. Absolutely stunning colour.

Darkside is a cool, mushroom toned taupe. Metallic and smooth, but somehow seems slightly less pigmented than the others. Still a pretty shade.

Blackheart is a matte, dark burgundy with red glitters in it. Seems fallout prone and not as pigmented as I have come to expect from Urban Decay matte shadows.


Conclusion: I AM IN LOVE, YA'LL! Everything in this palette goes well with my complexion and eye colour, everthing (except Blackheart and Dust) is amazingly pigmented and blends like a dream.  I have yet to put the shadows on my eyeballs, but I will hopefully make a tutorial using this sometime soon. I can see myself using this palette for both everyday, neutral looks and for going all-out smokey. This gets two thumbs up from me!


Pros:
  • Pigmentation, blendability and overall quality of the shades is incredible.
  • Finally a matte highlighter in a palette, HALLELUJAH!
  • Would work on skintones ranging from very fair to very deep.
  • Packaging is, besides beautiful, very travel friendly.
  • Since it's Urban Decay, it's cruelty free. If you want to know more about Urban Decays cruelty policy, click here.
Cons:
  • Availability, as always with Urban Decay, it's not available in Holland and must be ordered from outside the country.
  • The pricetag of €47.70 might be a bit of an issue, if like me, you simply don't have that kind of money to spend. IF you do, I feel this is well worth the splurge, though.

Have you purchased this palette? Are you lusting after it as bad as I was? Where do you buy Urban Decay?  Let me know in the comments down below!

I know, I know. It's been forever ( like 9 months. SURPRISE I HAD A BABY! No, I didn't. Don't worry.) Life has been happening, I had my surgery. Would you like to know more about my Gastric Bypass experience? Let me know!

Thank you for reading and untill next time!

XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment