Sunday, October 14, 2012

Work apropriate: Brown smokey eye and colourful lip!

Time for a step-by-step tutorial!

I start with moisturizing and priming my face and eyes!


For primer I used Smashbox Photofinish and my eyeprimer is as always Too Faced Shadow Insurance.


I then applied a thin layer of foundation, using a beautyblender-sponge. For foundation I used three different kinds, all mixed together for the perfect color and finish.


Then I concealed my dark-circles. They are the bane of my existence and have been for many years. They can get very dark and very purple. My undereye concealer of choice is the Maybelline Eraser Eye.


To define my brows I used my Catrice Brow Pencil and Urban Decay "Buck" eyeshadow. I've recently switched up how I do my brows, since I've dyed my hair red, needed to add some warmth to them.


At first I defined my crease only using "Naked" eyeshadow from my Urban Decay Naked Pallette, but I felt like it wasn't defined enough, so I decided to add "Buck" as well.


Buck is a warm mid-tone brown, which is a great option for the crease, and since my lid color would be a cool tone, I figured a warm crease would be a good option.


For my lid I wanted a dark, cool brown, so I first started out with Maybellines Color Tattoo in "Permanent Taupe". I have a few of these cream eyeshadows and I adore them! They can be used as bases or worn on their own, they do NOT budge once they've set on the skin.




To get the smokey look I wanted, I topped the Color Tattoo off with a brown Inglot shade, from my Freedom System pallette.



 I blended this onto the lid, slightly into the crease and on my lower lashline for extra definition.


I smudged a soft black kohl eyeliner onto my lash line and blended that in with a dark-brown eyeshadow. (I didn't manage to get a separate pic of this, sorry ladies!)


I curled my lashes, added mascara and a light, flesh-toned liner to my lower waterline. I rarely use dark liners on my lower waterline, they smudge too much and tend to get stuck on my lenses.


That's our eyes done! Moving on to the rest of the face!


I always start doing my cheeks with contouring. Contouring means that you strategically apply a dark blush/shade/bronzer to places of the face you want to slim down. I always do my temples, under my cheekbones and along my jaw-line. 


I then apply my blush of choice for the day, and a shimmery highlight right above the cheekbones, which I also place on the very highest point of my brow for a slight touch of shimmer. My blush here was NYX "Peach" and my highlighter was Dior "Rose Diamond".


Our lipstick for today is from the new Rimmel Kate Moss Collection, Velvet Touch. The shade I am using is 107, a completely matte berry/wine color. It's a very intense and pigmented color to wear full on, but what I did today was just apply to the middle of my lips and blend it out with my finger. This gives the look of a lipstain instead of a lipstick. A very good way to wear bright/dark colors to work, school, college, you name it.


And the finished result! A work/school apropriate smokey eye and a very colorful lip! I hope you all enjoyed this, thank you for reading and let me know your thoughts in the comments below!
















No comments:

Post a Comment