Thursday, October 11, 2012

Favorites of the moment!


Thought I’d make a post about which products are my favorites at this point in time. Often you’ll see them done each month on blogs, but that’s not a commitment I’m ready to make yet!




First up is a scent: Kruidvat Master Perfumer in Amber No. 53. It’s a fresh but fruity scent and most of all very feminine. It’s a very easy scent to wear, perfect for work/school/every day. It being extremely cheap does help a lot too; this bottle is 50ml and costs € 7.99 at Kruidvat. (Dutch Drugstore. And my former employer!)

MAC Fix+ which many beauty freaks will recognize. I use this to set my make-up, to make a foundation brush damp before application, to wet eye shadows before I use them for more intense color. This baby does it all! MAC Fix+ is available at all MAC counters and online retailers and costs €16.50.

Elizabeth Arden 8hour Cream. This is a beauty legend and has been in the game for many, many years. I use this for dry, chapped lips and any dry patches of skin. Been using this a lot lately, must be the season! I bought this travel size at Kruidvat for €4.99



Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua in 22 Beige Rose. The formula of this is amazing, very light but gives plenty of coverage (for me at least.) .  The color of this is too pink for me so I mix it with the other foundation. Available at Chanel counters and luxury beauty stores, €41.18

Catrice Photo Finish Liquid Foundation 18h in 010 Sand Beige. This is a tried and true favorite of mine, but slightly too yellow for my skin, which is why I mix it with the Chanel. It’s fairly long-lasting, and great on normal/combo skin. Available at Kruidvat, € 5.99



Catrice Liquid Liner Waterproof in 010 Don’t Leave Me. This is a great fluid liner, very black and does NOT budge until you remove it with waterproof make-up remover.  Available at Kruidvat, €3.75

MAC Chromographic Pencil in NC15/NW20. I use this on my lower waterline for a more “awake” look, practically every day. It’s more natural looking than a stark white and dark liner on my waterline tends to make my eyes look small. Only available at MAC Pro stores, €17.00



Catrice Absolute Eye Color Mono in Bring Me Frosted Cake and My First Copperware Party.  Bring Me Frosted Cake is a very light pink, almost white, which makes for either a good eyelid base shadow or highlight. It’s completely matte. My First Copperware Party is almost identical to MAC’s Satin Taupe, a cult favorite in the beauty community, and is a great all over shade for the lid or the crease. It looks great on all skin tones and eye colors. Available at Kruidvat, €2.79


Accidentally swatched these opposite of the first picture and BMFC barely shows up, but then again it IS a highlighter.

Catrice Prime and Fine Highlighting Powder. This is a gorgeous pinky-gold, very subtle highlight. It’s great for cheekbones, inner corner or brow highlighting due to being so subtle it’s also good for daytime without being too shimmery. Available at Kruidvat, €4.49

NYX Blush in 06 Peach. A very pretty, natural blushing color on me. It can be very subtle or prominent, depending on application. Goes with everything! Bought this online for €6.66




Rimmel Kate Lasting Finish Lipstick in 01. A very beautiful deep, true red color. I don’t often wear this full on, but tend to apply very little in the center of my lips and then dab it out with my fingers for a nice stained “just bitten” look.  Available at all drugstores around the world that carry Rimmel, €9.49

Catrice Ultimate Color Lipstick in 160 Tell me a Berry-Tale. A very intense berry-plum color which looks beautiful when worn full on, or as a stain. I’m a big fan of this for fall/winter! Available at Kruidvat, €3.99




Lastly there are two polishes I’ve been wearing non-stop since I got them and they are both China Glaze. First up is Watermelon Rind which is a beautiful dark teal, with lots of tiny glass flecks in it which makes it a very interesting polish to wear and look at, especially in sun light. The other is Four Leaf Clover which is a bright teal/green crème finish. Not exactly what you’d expect for fall as it is practically neon, but I love how happy and bubbly it looks, so I wear it a lot! I’ll probably switch over to burgundy, reds and grays soon enough! My husband bought these for me online. China Glaze retails for €5.95.




That’s it for now, thank you for stopping by and thank you for reading! Let me know your favorites in the comments below! 

No comments:

Post a Comment