Monday, January 6, 2014

Tutorial: Sleek Vintage Romance Palette

I promised a tutorial using my new Sleek Vintage Romance Palette, so here we go!




Naked face! Just moisturized and applied Too Faced Shadow Insurance to my lids. Sorry if I am looking at bit peaky, am currently on my pre Gastric Bypass Surgery diet. Meaning diet shakes only and about 400 calories a day at the moment, because I am choosing to skip breakfast.




Applied Catrice All Matt Plus foundation in the colour 010 Light Beige with my BeautyBlender sponge. Also Blended in my concealers with the BeautyBlender sponge. For concealing under my eyes I used Maybelline SuperStay 24H Concealer in Light 2 and for redness on my face I used my trusty Catrice Camouflage Cream Concealer in 010 Ivory.





Filled in my brows with the Catrice Eyebrow Stylist in Date with Ahs-ton, topped that off with NYX Blush in Taupe on an angled brush and to make sure it stayed where I wanted it I then applied Catrice Eyebrow Filler.


Click it big to read names of the shadows!

As said, today was about showcasing the Vintage Romance palette shown above.





To start off the look I applied Honeymoon in Hollywood on the inner and outer 3rd of my lid with a flat eyeshadow brush and connected them in the crease. Didn't blend anything yet.





To blend out this slightly tricky colour, I dipped a fluffy blending brush in Propose in Prague and took my time blending it out, using windshield wiper motions.



For a nice pop of shimmer I applied Meet in Madrid on the gap on the middle of my lid and using my flat eyeshadow brush, I gently swiped side to side to blend it into the purple.




Using the Urband Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Riot I lined my upper and lower lashline and my waterline.




Underneath my eye I blended the liner out with Honeymoon in Hollywood and on top I blended it out with Forever in Florence. I also blended Forever in Florence into my outer corners for some extra depth.






To highlight my brow I used Catrice Mono Eyeshadow in Bring me Frosted Cake on a large eyeshadow brush. I then curled my lashes with my Tweezerman lashcurler and applied Maybelline Volume Extreme OnebyOne Waterproof mascara royally.





I kept my skin fairly simple, as the eyes are so extreme. I applied the Sleek Blush from the same collection, in Antique with a duo-fiber brush to make sure I didn't over-apply.





 For my lips I chose Essence Long Lasting Lipstick in 07 Natural Beauty. It's a very nice plummy-pink. I powdered my face using the Essence All About Matt! Fixing Compact Powder. It's a translucent setting powder and highly efficient at keeping me from getting shiny where I don't want to be!






And the final shots of the look! It's a bit more dramatic than I usually go for, but I like it a lot. I love the berry-wine-purply colour with the pop of gold on the lid.


Let me know what you think in the comments down below!

Thank you for reading and untill next time, where there will be a review of the Urban Decay Black Market eyeliner set!

XXX





2 comments:

  1. You're eye make up is so WONDERFUL :D thank you so much. I was having second thoughts on getting this palette but I am definitely getting it now !

    ReplyDelete