Sunday, June 2, 2013

Review: Essence I Love Extreme Crazy Volume Mascara!



Time for another review, don't you think? The most re-accuring thing in my tutorials has been my Maybelline mascara and it was time for a new mascara, so I figured I'd review the new one I got. I decided to go for something a little cheaper, seeing as Maybelline is fairly expensive here in Holland ( around €15). This is a mascara that's been talked about a lot lately in beautyland. Both in Europe and in America, so decided to give it a go!




The packaging is very girly and very "plastic-y". I'm not the biggest fan, it looks a little cheap, but I do like the colour and the and fat writing. It's very light and doesn't feel too sturdy, but at least it's about the product inside!




The wand is very large, as is the brush. It's made of rubber bristles, and a lot of them, which help seperate and cover my lashes very well.




The tip of the brush also has tiny hairs on it, which helps you get the lashes in the very corners of your eyes. The tip does carry a lot of product out of the tube, but nothing you can't wipe off on the tube very quickly.


As is showcased here above, the bristles are longer on one side than on the other, which I personally find very handy. The shorter bristles are perfect for building volume at the root of the last and for doing your lower lashes.




Here are my eyes, completely naked (excuse the state of my skin, it's still recovering from me being sick!) ! Not wearing any type of makeup, as I wanted to test the full longevity of the mascara, without powder being involved.



And here are my eyes with one layer of the Essence I Love Extreme Crazy Volume Mascara. I curled my lashes before applying the mascara.


Promises on the packaging:

"Mascara for extreme and crazy volume, ultra black, ophthalmologically tested."

I'll agree that it's indeed a good volume and lengthening mascara and indeed very black!

Under my eyes is my biggest problem area when it comes to mascara. It gets very oily and can therefore make mascaras smudge and run very easily. This is why I normally wear waterproof formulas. When I wore this all day (10-12 hours) without powder under my eyes, there was some smudging under my eyes, but not a lot. There's was also a teeny tiny bit of a flaking, but again not enough for it to be a problem for me.

The day after I wore it with a full face of makeup and it wore so much better. As long as I powder under my eyes, this baby doesn't move on me. I rode my bike to the supermarket and got a lot of strong wind in my eyes, which makes me tear up a lot, and it didn't run. Nor did it smudge. Towards the end of the day there was -some- flaking, but nothing to worry about, I feel.


On the left I am wearing one coat and right I am wearing 2 coats. It's a very rich mascara and needs to be applied with moderation. It gets clumpy very easily, but with a good amount of moderation and a good lash comb this can be avoided.

Essence is avilable at Kruidvat in Holland and the I Love Extreme Crazy Volume Mascara costs €2.89. (BUDGETPROOF!)


Pros:

  • Pricepoint. €2.89 is nothing for a good mascara.
  • It lasts very well in combination with my oily skin without being waterproof with only a little bit of powder.
  • Availability. All cities have at least one Kruidvat store here in Holland and they all carry this brand.

Cons:
  • The slight flaking can be annoying, especially if you have sensitive eyes or wear lenses. Careful about rubbing those eyes!
  • It's not waterproof. I like knowing for a fact that my mascara doesn't move and this does make me feel like I have to check my eyemakeup during the day.


Conclusion: The mascara is very much worth trying out, especially for that price. It's not holy grail material, but it's definitely worth it, if you're on a budget (like I am currently) and on the lookout for a good mascara. Untill I'm in a place where I don't have to watch my budget, I will definitely re-purchase this.

What's your favourite budgetproof mascara? Have you tried this one out? What's YOUR favourite mascara? Let me know below!


Thank you for reading!

XXX

1 comment:


  1. Hello I read your share. About this product and I publish my observations. I would appreciate if you visit my blog :) Goodbye :)

    ReplyDelete